This is a blog for BUSINESS people.

Here you'll find different tools to help you improve your BUSINESS SKILLS: E-mails, Meetings, Negotiations, Presentations, Socializing and Telephoning. Your comments are always welcome.

23/5/11

How to use VERBS to introduce title and topics of a presentation

Some verbs are used with a preposition and some are not. Read these 2 presentations and, in the test below, sort out the underlined verbs in bold according to these 3 categories. Please, in your answers the verbs should appear in alphabetical order.
VERB
VERB + ABOUT
VERB + ON




INTRODUCTION 1
“Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks, Tom, for that great introduction.  I’m glad to be here with you. Today, I’ll talk about our plans for entering new markets. My talk will be divided into 4 parts. First, I’ll describe the European market. Second, I’ll describe the Asian market. Third, I’ll mention  some characteristics of the Latin American market. Fourth, show you the new strategies we  have designed to enter all these markets. If you have any questions, please, interrupt me.”



INTRODUCTION 2
“Good afternoon. My name’s Christian Thompson.  This afternoon I’ll speak about the AX project. My presentation will be divided into 2 parts. To begin with, I’ll explain the main characteristics of this project. Then, I’ll comment on our expectations in relation to this project. I’ll be answering questions at the end of the presentation.”




Click here to check whether you know how to use these verbs

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario